Tuesday 17 November 2009

Wall art - Warli

Sangitha from Sajavat is a super talented woman!!! I love what she’s done on her balcony wall. It sure takes a lot of thought to put something unique like this together. I’ve posted on Warli before… and to see her warli tree on the wall was simply amazing. Here is what she has to say - "Mine is a small so called garden patch which I have tried to create on my balcony. I spend my mornings there, reading the newspaper, sipping my coffee and simply gazing. I talk to my plants when I am free, encouraging them to grow. One fine day I suddenly had an idea of painting something on the sidewalls of my balcony. These walls are also visible when we sit on our sofa in the living room. So it had to be at least presentable and what better a theme than nature. So I thought of painting this tree. I only had a vague idea of how to do it up!
The next step was to draw it on paper, finalise the colours and getting ready with all the required materials.
It took me 3-4 hours to complete it. As my hubby puts it, it represents the happy times the mother and daughter have in the balcony! What do you think? Do let me on to your comments and suggestion!!

19 comments:

  1. Great idea........I always keep thinking of doing such things in my own house but can't because of living in rented places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Soo many great great ideas!! I m soo excited nw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!!!!!!!what a great source of inspiration 2 all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative indeed !! and a very "feel good" mural :).... well done Sangitha !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice,the colours have come up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How inspiring :) thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow super toll......loved it pat and sangitha... sangitha....just a quick question. what paints did you use on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome..i am a major fan of warli art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia,
    Let me say it once again,
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shalini,vineeta,veda,Aditi,Anamika,Lakshmi,Sharon,Devi,Soupi.MM,
    Vasudha thanks a ton for all those encouraging words!

    Vasudha,I have used enamel paints on the wall.
    Iam happy that u all liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!! LOVE Warli!!
    Off to check out Sangitha's Sajavat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely!!!!

    greetings from Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved the idea of decorating a small corner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!